How the web development process works – what you need to know before setting up a website for your business
May 19 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am BST
The ongoing pandemic means that a lot of businesses are moving online these days, many of whom have never needed to have a website before. If you’re starting completely from scratch and you don’t have a technical background then it can be a confusing process.
In this webinar we’ll go right back to basics and walk you through the whole website development process from start to finish, outlining the key decisions you need to make at each stage. We’ll help you understand what needs to be done, how much each element should cost, where you can do things yourself and where it’s probably better to get expert help.
In just one hour we’ll cover:-
- Naming your website – how web addresses work
- What is a domain name and how do you get one?
- How much do domain names cost?
- Should you chose .co.uk, .com or something else?
- Building your website – an overview of the main options
- Building it yourself versus paying someone else to build it for you – the pros and cons of each option
- Easy ways for non technical business owners to build their own websites and get them live quickly
- How content management systems make web development accessible to non professionals
- Working with web designers and developers
- What’s the difference between a web designer and a web developer?
- How can you find a reliable web designer and / or developer?
- What should you expect to pay for someone to build your site for you?
- What ongoing costs are there associated with web development?
- Getting your site onto the internet – how hosting works
- Why you need hosting for your website
- Key things to consider when selecting a hosting company
- How much should you pay for website hosting?
- Ongoing website maintenance and support after the site is live
- Making changes to your site once it’s live
- Getting a staging or development copy of your site
- Taking control of the website yourself versus paying someone else to look after it for you
- Questions – your chance to ask whatever you like, there are no stupid questions where web development is concerned!
Who should book onto this webinar?
This webinar is aimed at anyone from a non-technical background who wants to set up a new website for their business but isn’t sure where to start. We will assume absolutely no prior knowledge at all.
Places on this webinar are free but numbers are limited so book now to secure yours.
Select the number of tickets that you would like and then click ‘get tickets’ to place your order.
After your booking you will receive an email confirming your order with your receipt. You will also receive an email with your personal access link to join the live webinar session. This can take up to 24 hours. A reminder of this access link will be sent 24 hours before the session begins. This contains your own personal log in and password and cannot be shared.