How to perform a regular healthcheck on your WordPress site
December 8, 2021 @ 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm GMT
Running a WordPress site isn’t just a case of setting it up and forgetting about it – you need to make sure you keep the site updated and well maintained. Without regular updates you can quickly find that your site is no longer secure, your plugins aren’t working as you want them to or other similar problems arise.
Little and often is the best approach here. Keeping on top of the maintenance of your WordPress site is a small job if you keep an eye on things and don’t let things slide for too long, but can become a huge job if you wait until there are problems.
Sign up for this webinar to learn how to put in place a regular WordPress maintenance regime designed to ensure your site doesn’t become vulnerable to WordPress security exploits and keeps functioning the way you want it to.
In just one hour we’ll cover:-
- Why WordPress needs to be maintained
- Which aspects of your site need to be updated
- Core WordPress
- Understanding what core WordPress updates are needed
- How automatic updates work for plugins and themes
- What’s involved in making different kinds of changes
- Minor changes vs major changes
- What kinds of changes can break your site and how to avoid this
- Setting up your backups and making sure that they keep running. Difference between hosting backups and those managed inside your WordPress installation
- Understanding what the WordPress dashboard status panel is reporting, and how to resolve any problems
- What are staging sites and how can they help with your site maintenance?
- Jetpack plans and other maintenance plugins
- What to configure in your hosting settings to make sure your WordPress site is secure
Who should attend?
This webinar is suitable for anyone wants to learn more about how to maintain their WordPress site, whether you’re doing it yourself or you have an agency who do it for you.
Places on this webinar are limited so book now to secure yours.
Select the number of tickets that you would like and then click ‘get tickets’ to place your order.
After your booking you will receive an email confirming your order with your receipt. You will also receive an email with your personal access link to join the live webinar session. This can take up to 24 hours. A reminder of this access link will be sent 24 hours before the session begins. This contains your own personal log in and password and cannot be shared.