How to use Google Tag Manager
November 27, 2020 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm GMT
Tags are snippets of code that you add to your website in order to collect information and send it to third parties. Common examples include the Google Analytics tracking tag, the Facebook Pixel, the LinkedIn insight tag and Twitter conversion tracking tags but there are many, many others.
Google Tag Manager is a simple web-based interface that simplifies the process of working with tags on your website. Rather than going into the source code or plugins for your site every time you want to add a new tag, Google Tag Manager enables you to do everything you need in one place.
Google Tag Manager also enables you to go beyond the tracking functionality in Google Analytics to collect much more data and monitor more precisely how people interact with your website. Perhaps you’d like to know how far people scroll down the pages of your site, or how many are submitting your contact form, or watching a video on your site? Google Tag Manager can help you with all of this and more.
What we will cover
- What is Google Tag Manager?
- Understanding the different types of tags
- Setting up your account and installing Google Tag Manager on your website
- Creating new tags (for example a Google Analytics tracking tag or a Facebook Pixel)
- Previewing, debugging and releasing your new tags
- Setting up workspaces and using them effectively
- Viewing your activity history in Google Tag Manager
- Understanding how events and data layers work in Google Tag Manager
- Tracking different kinds of events on your website using GTM
- Useful resources for learning more
Who should attend?
This webinar is aimed at anyone who’s interested in learning more about how Google Tag Manager works. You may already have a few tags installed directly on your website, or be thinking about installing tags and want to see if Google Tag Manager might be the best way to do it.
Places on this webinar are limited so book now to secure yours.
Select the number of tickets that you would like and then click ‘get tickets’ to place your order.
After your booking you will receive an email confirming your order with your receipt. You will also receive an email with your personal access link to join the live webinar session. This can take up to 24 hours. A reminder of this access link will be sent 24 hours before the session begins. This contains your own personal log in and password and cannot be shared.