Improving the security of your WordPress site
April 18, 2023 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm BST
Your website is one of your organisation’s most valuable assets so it’s vitally important that you make sure it’s secure. The consequences of a site breach can be extremely serious in terms of damage to your reputation, potential loss of your customers’ data and loss of access to your most valuable marketing tool.
Many business owners wrongly think that site security isn’t something they need to worry too much about because their sites are small. This is a big mistake. A small website is just as likely to fall victim to a security breach as a larger site, often more so. We regularly help clients whose small sites have been hacked. Putting a hack right after the event is much, much more work than ensuring that the site is secure in the first place.
WordPress sites can be particularly vulnerable because WordPress is so widely used, so hackers put a great deal of effort into uncovering methods of breaking into them. With that in mind we’ve put together this webinar specifically focusing on how owners of WordPress sites can improve the security of their sites.
- Why site security is so important
- The risk of losing access to your site
- Damage to SEO if your site is not secure
- Loss of customer trust
- GDPR and the potential of a data breach
- Why your WordPress site is at risk
- How themes, plugins and core WP are exploited
- WordPress malware
- The most common causes of site breaches
- Internal threats from within your organisation
- External threats from outside your organisation
- Simple ways you can improve your site’s security
- Knowing who has access and limiting login
- Two factor authentication
- The importance of backups
- Running the latest versions of your theme, plugins and WordPress
- Overview of auto-update features in WordPress 5.5
- Web application firewalls
- Changing the WordPress database prefix
- Plugins that can help
- What to do if you’ve been hacked
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for anyone who has a WordPress site and wants to learn more about how to improve its security.
Places on this webinar are limited so book now to secure yours.
Select the number of tickets that you would like and then click ‘get tickets’ to place your order.
WordPress day webinar bundle
We’re running two other WordPress webinars as part of a bundle on this day – Taking over an existing WordPress site and Improving the speed and performance of your WordPress site. If you’d like to book on all three then we’re offering them as a 3-for-2 bundle. Simply select the bundle ticket from the options below and you’ll automatically be booked onto all three of these webinars.
After your booking you will receive an email confirming your order with your receipt. You will also receive an email with your personal access link to join the live webinar session. This can take up to 24 hours. A reminder of this access link will be sent 24 hours before the session begins. This contains your own personal log in and password and cannot be shared.
Other dates and on demand access to this webinar
If this date does not suit you, you can have a look at other dates on which we’re running this webinar here. If none of these dates suit or we don’t have another live version of this webinar scheduled currently and you’d like access to the content now you can access the on demand version of this webinar here. The on demand version includes a full recording of the webinar as delivered live as well as a downloadable copy of the slides from the webinar.