Improving the speed and performance of your WordPress site
April 7 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm BST
Making sure your site runs quickly is absolutely critical. Google penalises slow sites in its search results and visitors won’t hang around to wait for your site to load so a slow site means you’re losing customers.
Join us for this webinar to learn more about how to optimise the speed and performance of your WordPress site.
- Why is site speed such a critical issue for website owners?
- How do you know if speed is a problem with your site?
- What makes sites run slowly?
- Understanding how WordPress pages are constructed
- What the browser needs to do in order to display your pages
- The importance of the ‘time to first byte’ metric
- How can different elements of your page be optimised for speed?
- Optimising image files – lazy loading, sizing your images and compressing them
- Optimising your HTML and CSS files
- The role that your hosting plays in determining the speed of your site
- Overview of different hosting options
- Speed issues that are specific to WordPress sites
- Introduction to caching
- What is caching and why should you use it on your site?
- Free plugins that enable you to quickly and easily add caching to your site
- Using a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for anyone who has a WordPress site and wants to learn more about how to improve its performance and make it run as quickly as possible.
Places on this webinar are limited so book now to secure yours.
Select the number of tickets that you would like and then click ‘get tickets’ to place your order.
After your booking you will receive an email confirming your order with your receipt. You will also receive an email with your personal access link to join the live webinar session. This can take up to 24 hours. A reminder of this access link will be sent 24 hours before the session begins. This contains your own personal log in and password and cannot be shared.