Taking over an existing WordPress site
April 18, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am BST
We tend to work with two groups of customers – either people who are building a brand new WordPress site themselves or people who have taken over responsibility for an existing WordPress site that someone else built. If you’re in this second group then this webinar is for you.
Taking over the management of an established WordPress site can be a tricky business, particularly if the developers or agency responsible for building it aren’t on the scene any more. We talk to lots of people who take on a new marketing role in their organisation and suddenly find themselves responsible for a website that they know nothing about. If this is you then sign up for this webinar to learn about a structured approach to getting to grips with an unfamiliar WordPress site.
In just one hour we will cover:-
- Security, hosting and backups
- Making sure that the site’s secure and only those who need it have access
- Ensuring you have access to the hosting and the domain
- Checking that the site is backed up regularly and installing a backup plugin if you need one
- Getting to grips with the site appearance
- Understanding whether the site’s running with a free or premium theme
- Understanding how the theme is controlling the appearance of the pages
- Getting to grips with any bespoke code there may be on the site
- Knowing how the pages are created and whether they’re controlled by a page by a page builder or not
- Understanding the structure of the site
- Understanding how the navigation works and how to add and remove items from the menu
- Identifying different types of content on the site and how each is generated
- Understanding the functionality of the site
- Looking at the pages to see what functionality there is
- Going through the plugins and understanding what each one does
- Checking that the site functionality actually works in the way that it’s supposed to
- Identifying compliance and performance issues
- Ensuring that the site is GDPR compliant
- Checking for issues with site speed
- Identifying broken links and other errors on the site
- Ensuring any third party integrations are working as they should
- Search performance
- How to know whether Google Analytics is running on the site
- The importance of Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Are there any SEO plugins running on the site?
Who should attend?
This webinar is aimed at anyone who is responsible for a WordPress site that they didn’t build themselves and would benefit from a clear checklist of things to consider when getting to grips with the site.
Places on this webinar are limited so book now to secure yours.
Select the number of tickets that you would like and then click ‘get tickets’ to place your order.
WordPress day webinar bundle
We’re running two other WordPress webinars as part of a bundle on this day – Improving the security of your WordPress site and Improving the speed and performance of your WordPress site. If you’d like to book on all three then we’re offering them as a 3-for-2 bundle. Simply select the bundle ticket from the options below and you’ll automatically be booked onto all three of these webinars.
After your booking you will receive an email confirming your order with your receipt. You will also receive an email with your personal access link to join the live webinar session. This can take up to 24 hours. A reminder of this access link will be sent 24 hours before the session begins. This contains your own personal log in and password and cannot be shared.
Other dates and on demand access to this webinar
If this date does not suit you, you can have a look at other dates on which we’re running this webinar here. If none of these dates suit or we don’t have another live version of this webinar scheduled currently and you’d like access to the content now you can access the on demand version of this webinar here. The on demand version includes a full recording of the webinar as delivered live as well as a downloadable copy of the slides from the webinar.