Google Analytics deep dive – hands on virtual training session
January 8 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm GMT
If you’re new to Google Analytics and you’d like to dig deeper into what it can do for you then this ‘deep dive’ training session is for you. During the session you’ll build your Google Analytics skills and understanding by getting your hands dirty with the data from a real Google Analytics account.
What we will cover
- Setting up your account and structuring it correctly
- Ensuring your analytics data is safe – controlling access to your account
- Making sure you’re seeing the right data – overview of views and filters
- Using real time data to check your analytics account is configured correctly
- Understanding the terminology of Google Analytics
- Why there’s no point measuring ‘hits’
- Understanding how Google defines sessions, users and page views
- Identifying the metrics that are really driving the success of your business
- Making sure you’re measuring the right thing
- Knowing where your web traffic is coming from
- Understanding the difference between channels, mediums and sources
- Making sure your campaigns have trackable URLs so you can measure their success
- Identifying the most successful activities so you can make better marketing decisions and stretch your marketing budget further
- Understanding what people are doing on your website
- Knowing which pages people arrive on and leave your site from
- Identifying the most popular content on your site as well as pages that aren’t working so well and need improvement
- Tracking the way users interact with your site using Events in Google Analytics
- Tracking conversions from your website
- Deciding what counts as a conversion for your site
- Setting up custom goals to measure the conversions that matter to you
- Identifying the sources of traffic and campaigns that generate the most conversions
- Setting up custom dashboards and reports so you can easily monitor your success over time
- Using the Google Analytics segment feature to view a particular subset of your traffic
- Filtering out unwanted traffic to get a clean view of your site’s performance
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about core elements of Google Analytics functionality. You may already be using Google Analytics but be unsure of how you can use the data to really drive your business, or perhaps you’re new to Google Analytics and want to get a solid grounding in what it is and how it works.
Note, this session will be based around the classic Google Analytics interface rather than the new Google Analytics 4 interface launched in October 2020. If you had Google Analytics installed on your site prior to October 2020 then this webinar will be relevant to you. If you’ve installed it since then you will almost certainly have Google Analytics 4 and so this session won’t be relevant. If you’re not sure which version you have just let us know and we can help you decide whether this session is likely to be appropriate for you or not.
How will the session work?
This is a live hands-on training session delivered over Zoom. The trainer will demonstrate elements of Google Analytics, covering the content listed above, and practice exercises will give you the chance to put into practice what you’ve just learned using real data from a Google Analytics demo account. You’ll be able to ask questions via the chat and Q&A function within Zoom.
You’ll need to have a Google Analytics account set up with access to the Google Analytics demo account that we’ll use for the training. We’ll send you instructions on how to do this before the session.
We’ll record the session and you’ll have access to the video afterwards so you can watch back any bits you want to see again. You’ll also get a pack of written training materials containing all the exercises we’ll work through during the session.