If you’re new to GA4 and you’d like to dig deeper into what it can do for you then this ‘deep dive’ training session is for you. During the session you’ll build your GA4 skills and understanding by getting your hands dirty with the data from a real Google Analytics account. If you’re struggling with the transition from Universal Analytics to GA4 then this session is for you. Get the chance to play with some real data, ask questions about your own set up and see what’s possible in GA4.
What we will cover
- Configuring your GA4 property
- Making sure you’re seeing the right data
- Controlling access to the property
- Getting the key aspects of account configuration right
- Linking your GA4 property to Google Ads and Google Search Console
- Using the real time data to check your account configuration
- Understanding the differences between Universal Analytics and GA4
- What are the key metrics in GA4 and how do they differ from Universal Analytics?
- Understanding reports in GA4
- Understanding report snapshots and cards
- An overview of the default reports in GA4 and what you can learn from them
- Understanding the differences between dimensions and metrics
- Customising reports and cards to focus on the metrics and dimensions you’re interested in
- Building your own reports from scratch in the reports library
- An introduction to events and conversions in GA4
- What is an event in GA4 and how does it differ from an event in Universal Analytics?
- Setting up custom events to measure key user activities
- How conversions in GA4 differ from goals in UA
- Deciding what counts as a conversion for your website
- Setting up different types of conversion
- An overview of the Explore function in GA4
- More advanced reporting using explorations
- Setting up a free form exploration
- Segmenting your data using custom audiences
- An overview of the Advertising section in GA4
- Knowing where your traffic is coming from
- Understanding the different attribution models in GA4
- Seeing the paths people take through your site en route to a conversion
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about core elements of GA4 functionality, in particular anyone who is moving from UA to GA4 and struggling to get access to the data that they need.
How will the session work?
This is a live hands-on training session delivered over Zoom during which you will be able to ask questions and talk to the trainer. The trainer will demonstrate elements of Google Analytics, covering the content listed above, and practice exercises will give you the chance to put into practice what you’ve just learned using real data from a Google Analytics demo account. It is a good idea to have two screens if possible so that you can keep the training window visible while working on the hands on elements of the course.
You’ll need to have a Google Analytics account set up with access to the Google Analytics demo account that we’ll use for the training. We’ll send you instructions on how to do this before the session.
We’ll record the session and you’ll have access to the video afterwards so you can watch back any bits you want to see again. You’ll also get a pack of written training materials containing all the exercises we’ll work through during the session.
I have done several of the short courses and more recently a more indepth one on GA4. The courses are ideal for those who want to have a look at controllling things themselves, they do not need you to have masses of previous knowledge and they are great for giving you the confidence to takes things on in house rather than out sourcing. I have also spoken to them on the 'phone and had one to one meetings and they have always given sound advice and are all very approachable and lovely to talk to. I would strongly recommend using them.