Making sure your site runs quickly is absolutely critical. Google penalises slow sites in its search results and visitors won’t hang around to wait for your site to load so a slow site means you’re losing customers.
Join us for this webinar to learn more about how to optimise the speed and performance of your WordPress site.
- Why is site speed such a critical issue for website owners?
- How do you know if speed is a problem with your site?
- What makes sites run slowly?
- Understanding how WordPress pages are constructed
- What the browser needs to do in order to display your pages
- The importance of the ‘time to first byte’ metric
- How can different elements of your page be optimised for speed?
- Optimising image files – lazy loading, sizing your images and compressing them
- Optimising your HTML and CSS files
- The role that your hosting plays in determining the speed of your site
- Overview of different hosting options
- Speed issues that are specific to WordPress sites
- Introduction to caching
- What is caching and why should you use it on your site?
- Free plugins that enable you to quickly and easily add caching to your site
- Using a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for anyone who has a WordPress site and wants to learn more about how to improve its performance and make it run as quickly as possible.
What do I get once I’ve booked onto this webinar?
If you book onto the live version then we’ll send you a personalised link to the webinar enabling you to access it as it runs. The webinar will run for a full hour with additional time for questions at the end of the hour. Everyone who has registered onto the live webinar will also get access to the on demand version after the session, which includes a recording of the session including all the content and the Q&A as well as a downloadable copy of the slides. We update the recording each time we run the webinar so you’ll always have access to the most up to date version. If you’ve booked onto the on demand only version then you’ll automatically be enrolled to access the webinar via our learning platform.
Find out more
Our frequently asked questions page answers the questions about webinars that we are most commonly asked. If you don’t find the answer to your question there or would like to talk about whether the content of the webinar is right for you then get in touch for a chat.