This hands on session will equip you with the latest strategies and techniques to enhance the visibility and performance of your WordPress website on search engines. Whether you’re a seasoned WordPress user or just starting out, this training will provide valuable insights to help you master SEO for your WordPress site.
WordPress SEO basics
- Understanding the fundamentals of SEO – what does Google look for when ranking pages?
- Why SEO is crucial for your WordPress site
- Optimising your WordPress settings for SEO
- Choosing the right SEO-friendly theme
- How to identify relevant keywords for your niche
- Tools and techniques for effective keyword research
On-page SEO for WordPress
- Crafting SEO-friendly content for blogs and pages
- Optimising meta tags, headings, and images within the WordPress interface
- Internal linking best practices
Off-page SEO and link building
- Understanding what Google considers to be a high quality link
- Effective strategies for generating high quality links to your site
Technical SEO for WordPress
- Tips to optimise the speed and performance of your WordPress site
- Mobile-friendliness and responsive design in WordPress
- Schema markup and structured data for WordPress sites
Overview of the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress
- Introduction to Yoast – what it is and how it can help you
- How to configure and use Yoast effectively
Analytics and Tracking
- Integrating Google Analytics and Search Console with your WordPress site
- Monitoring and measuring SEO performance
- Overview of other analytics tools
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about how to optimise their WordPress website for Google Search in order to generate more targeted traffic to the site. This is a hands on session where the focus will be on practical things that you can do yourself wherever possible.
How will the session work?
This is a live hands-on training session delivered over Zoom during which you will be able to ask questions and talk to the trainer. It is a good idea to have two screens if possible so that you can keep the training window visible while working on the hands on elements of the course.
We’ll record the session and you’ll have access to the video afterwards so you can watch back any bits you want to see again. You’ll also get a copy of the slides used during the session.